If you encounter an error or question about your Inventory in Infoplus, this article is a great first step.
How to Use This Guide
Step 1: This article has two separate sections (FAQs and Error Messages). Click on one of the links below to jump directly to either section's table of contents:
- FAQs → Questions asked frequently about Inventory with answers from our trained support agents
- Error Messages → Common error messages you might encounter with your Inventory in Infoplus and how to fix them
Step 2: Click on any link in either Table of Contents to quickly move directly to the question or error you are trying to solve.
TIP: Use the Command + F keys to do a quick search of this page to see if your question or error message is listed below.
If you do not see your question or error message, please feel free to reach out to Infoplus Support and we can add it to this page.
FAQ Table of Contents:
- How do I prevent inventory from allocating?
- Can I have duplicate SKUs?
- Are dimensions needed to create an item?
- Do kits have inventory?
- Can I transfer my inventory from one location to another?
- What is the difference between these Inventory terms?
- Can I change my adjustment codes?
- Why is one of my SKU’s disappearing from a bulk load quick adjustment?
- I’ve created my items; why don’t I have any in my warehouses?
How do I prevent inventory from allocating?
You can freeze inventory. See how to freeze inventory here.
Can I have duplicate SKUs?
Yes. Through the order property override table, it is possible.
Are dimensions needed to create an item?
No, but it is recommended. They are necessary if you want to utilize cartonization.
Do kits have inventory?
The kit header SKU does not have inventory but the components do have inventory.
Can I transfer my inventory from one location to another?
Yes! There are two ways to do this:
1. Use the Mobile App > Inventory Relocation
2. Transform Inventory by using the Location Table in the Desktop Apps
What is the difference between these Inventory terms?
- On Hand Quantity - Quantity of a SKU you have available
- Open Order Quantity - Quantity of a SKU that has open orders in inventory
- Orderable Quantity - Remaining available quantity of SKUs that can be ordered
- Overall Days On Hand - Number of days that the current inventory has been in the warehouse
- Open PO Quantity - Quantity of SKUs that is set to be delivered/received into the warehouse
- Total Demand -
Can I change my adjustment codes?
Yes, you can change, delete or add adjustment codes by using the Adjustment Code Table. Use this step-by-step guide to learn more about how to create and edit adjustment codes.
Why is one of my SKU’s disappearing from a bulk load quick adjustment?
This is most likely because the SKU is under more than one LOB and Infoplus doesn’t know which one you want adjusted. Manually adjust this SKU if that’s the case.
I’ve created my items; why don’t I have any in my warehouses?
This is because you haven’t received any inventory into the system. Until you receive an ASN, execute a Quick Receipt, or blind receive in the mobile floor app, you won’t have any inventory in your system.
Error Message Table of Contents:
Error: Season must be given for an item
What it Means: You are bulk editing too many items at once
How to Fix It: Edit less than 500 records at a time to avoid this error
Error: The inventory cannot be stored in location 1000-1-A, because item receipt 2546 in this location has a different status (Available)
What it Means: User is trying to move inventory from an item receipt that hasn't been finished receiving
How to Fix It: Make sure to receive all the items before attempting to move an item
Error: This Order contains an item missing the required customs value
What it Means: The SKUs on the order are missing price values
How to Fix It: To fix this error, go to the order in question and edit the order prices action to give it a value. Check out this article on Price Management for more information.
Error: A Major group must be given for an item
What it Means: Item subcategory or category is needed
How to Fix It: Add one of the following to the item when bulk editing
Error: There was a problem saving this Item. The Forward Lot Mixing Rules for this Item cannot be changed to Item Receipt, because there may already be mixed Lots inventory
What it Means: Once the item is received and the mixing rules are setup, it cannot be changed
How to Fix It: If they need to be changed creating a duplicate item and setting up different rules is a possibility
Error: There was a problem saving this Item. The combination of Mixing and Allocation Rules is not compatible. To continue, choose acceptable Mixing and Allocation Rules
What it Means: Allocation Rules (which control how inventory can be allocated when fulfilling orders) impact which Lot Mixing Rules you should select. For example, if you want to require that items be allocated from the oldest PO lot, you must be storing those items with a Lot Mixing Rule of Item Receipt. See Overview of Allocation Rules for a complete list of allowable Allocation Rule/Lot Mixing Rule combinations
How to Fix It: If you have Order Data selected as your Allocation Field in your Operations tab on an Item, you will need the Lot Mixing Rules for Forward and Storage to be 'Item Receipt' so that it can recognize each SKU by the time it was received
- Any time you select Item Receipt as a Lot Mixing Rule, you will need your allocation to be something by Date