This article contains everything your organization needs to do and consider when setting up a new Line of Business in Infoplus.
What is a Line of Business?
A Line of Business, often referred to as a LOB, is a grouping of products or services offered by a company (usually a specific client or unique business unit). In Infoplus, a Line of Business is equivalent to a business unit.
LOBs can be created and edited from the Line of Business table in Infoplus at any time. However, LOBs cannot be deleted.
How to Set Up a New Line of Business
1. To create a new Line of Business, navigate to the Line of Business table within Infoplus via one of two ways:
- Via the Dashboard: Click Account Setup > Line of Business
- Via the Quick Actions Shortcut: Press the dot (period) on your keyboard, then type in 'Line of Business" and select it from the list of Quick Actions.
2. Once you are on the Line of Business table, click 'Create New' in the top right corner
3. FIll out the required fields
- Name: the full name given to the LOB you are creating
- Code: the shorthand code that will be affiliated with this LOB within Infoplus records (this is the naming convention you will most likely see within Infoplus)
4. If needed, fill out the parcel account associated with this Line of Business (this is not required)
5. Click Save -- you will now see this LOB on the LOB table within Infoplus and can use it throughout Infoplus
After I Set Up a New LOB, I Need to...
Once the new line of business record is created you are ready to start implementing it into the rest of the site. Many other actions in Infoplus require a LOB to function. Therefore, setting up a LOB is usually one of the first steps within Infoplus. Once you have a new Line of Business there are multiple other tasks you might need to complete.
** denotes required fields
Users & Roles
Will this LOB need any Users or Roles setup? If so, we recommend setting permissions at the Role level and assigning users to roles. Note that permissions can be granted at the user level as well, if necessary.
Example of Role Level Permission:
- The Warehouse Manager's role is set to Warehouse Manager in Infoplus. This role has specific LOBs attached to it. If the Infoplus Administrator is adding new LOBs, they will not automatically be added to the Warehouse Manager's role and they will not see the new LOBs.
- To remedy this issue, the administrator will have to add new LOB to the role, Warehouse Manager, after creating the new LOB.
Warehouse Doc and Email Templates
Does this LOB require Packing Slips and/or Order Invoices? (see attached PDF's to see where each field ends up on the document)
When possible, we recommend duplicating existing records and then editing fields as needed. Get a good base template in place and this step becomes easy going forward.
Data You Might Want/Need
Customer Service Contact Information
Keep in mind that packing slips can be changed via triggers. This allows you to dictate templates based on any order smart filter (ie certain sku's, certain order sources, zip codes etc.)
Does this LOB require Email Confirmations?
Order Sources are a requirement in Infoplus. They are used to automatically assign packing slip/order invoice templates, emails, GS1 settings, SLA data and more to each incoming order. A Line of Business can have as many order sources as necessary. Note that every line of business will have a default 'Not Specified' order source that gets generated with every line of business.
Every Line of Business will need its Items uploaded. You can upload each item individually in the Item table or you can bulk load hundreds or thousands of items all at once using the bulk load feature in the Actions drop-down on the Item table.
**A pre-requisite to adding items is having Item Categories and Sub Categories ** for them.
if the new LOB you created will use Kits on Demand, you will need to assign the LOB to the Kit as you pick the order.
Vendors are required for all ASN's. If you do not track vendors, you will still need to create a generic vendor for the LOB.
Will this LOB need customization like Barcodes or Smart Documents? How about Custom Fields? note custom fields are global and therefore visible to all Lines of Business. Here are the custom field type options:
Boolean - true/false
Date - us en
String - text field up to 250 characters
Integer - numbers only
Scripts will this LOB need any scripts, or will any current scripts need to adjust because of this LOB?
Shopping Cart Connections
Shopping Carts - does this client have a Shopify, Magento, eBay, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, or Channel Advisor cart to integrate?
If we don't offer the cart you need out of the box, it's likely we have you covered with our turnkey integration with Cart Rover.
What is needed?
Admin Login and Password
Tell us what packaging options this LOB has access to via Carton Types.
Parcel & Third Party Parcel Accounts
What is needed:
Type of Carrier (eg. FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.)
Billing Address for the Account
Parcel Label Return Address Override used return addresses needs to be different than the warehouse’s address you are shipping from.
If this LOB ships Internationally, you'll want to have the following:
- Commodity Codes (Harmonized Tarif Codes)
- International Shipping Parcel Services
- User Reports
- EDI Connections
- 3PL Billing Setup
- Cart Rover Connections
- Job Recipes
- ShipStation Connections