Learn how to set up and edit buildings associated with your business where inventory is located.
If your warehouse is comprised of multiple physical buildings, create each building in Infoplus by giving it a name and address (i.e., B1 for Building 1). The building address can then be inserted into Location Address Schemes to build location labels.
For a demonstration of creating buildings, see Video: Create Buildings.
Create a Building:
- Access the “Building” table. Two methods:
- From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Warehouse Setup” App, then click the “Building” Table.
- From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Building” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the Create New button in the top right.
- From the Warehouse drop-down menu, select the warehouse where this building is located.
- Enter a Name for the building (i.e., Building 1).
- Enter an Address, if desired.
NOTE: This is simply a code used to reference the building. For example, you may want to assign B1 to Building 1. You will be able to use this code when naming locations in your warehouse later (i.e., a location label may be “B2 DF 1 10” indicating Building 2, Down Forward zone, Aisle 1, location #10).
- Click Save. The building is created.
NOTE: Once you create locations in this building, they will display in this building record.
How to Edit a Building:
- Access the “Building” table. See instructions above.
- Click on the building you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the bottom right.
- Make the necessary edits and click Save.