Work with FedEx Cross Border Carrier in Infoplus by using a manifest script to pass required data.
FedEx Cross Border, a carrier that specializes in international shipping, is available to all Infoplus users. To start using FedEx Cross Border, you will need to request access by submitting a support ticket.
When looking at the Cross Border shipping options, you will see the following:
1. Economy International CBEC Economy is a 4-5 day ship.
2. Economy International CBECL is First Class Economy of 2-3 day ship
3. Economy International CBECP is Priority Economy of 1-2 day ship
When using FedEx Cross Border in tandem with Infoplus, there are some unique variables to be aware of, including:
- Return Labels are unavailable when using FedEx Cross Border
- This is because cartonization is required for return labels, and cartonization is not available for international orders
- If you did use FedEx Cross Border for domestic, and used cartonization, return labels would work (but Cross Border is primarily used for international shipping solutions).
- Infoplus makes the Name Field optional, but FedEx Cross Border requires this field to utilize Rate Shopping and to Generate Shipping Labels
- To ensure this field is always supplied from Infoplus to Cross Border, use a manifest script that requires the Ship-To, Attn-To field to be filled out.
- FedEx Cross Border requires shipments going to the EU to include Tax Identifiers
- See the example Manifest Script below that includes required Ship-To/Attn-To fields added as well as a Tax Identifier section included: