Start here for step-by-step instructions on how to solve common problems encountered during the picking process in Infoplus.
Picking, the pack station, picking methodologies, and pick paths are an integral part of your warehouse operations. If there is a snag in any of these areas, operations are at risk. If you encounter a problem that you are unsure how to solve, use this article as a jumping-off point to help uncover the root issue and get it solved quickly.
This article will lay out some common issues related to Picking and step-by-step instructions for how to troubleshoot and solve the issue.
If you have a more generic question about Picking or are seeing a specific error message, see our article on FAQs and Error Messages.
How to Use This Guide
Below, you will find multiple different scenarios that could potentially cause issues for picking processes. You can use the table of contents below to quickly navigate to the exact question you are interested in. Each issue has multiple troubleshooting steps to help you independently get to the bottom of the issue you are experiencing and solve it so you can move forward with your operations.
Table of Contents:
- My order contains a KOD, but the pick work is directing me to pick the kit rather than the components
- When picking, after scanning a cart and trying to scan an LPN, the app shows that the LPN is already in use
- I need to be able to skip pick work for a ticket and then come back to pick it later
- I need to use Inner Pack/Case/Pallet barcodes to scan items for my Pick Scan Scheme, but I do not see those as an option
My order contains a KOD, but the pick work is directing me to pick the kit rather than the components
- Navigate to the Kit Header’s record
- Does it have any available quantity? If there is any quantity of the kit header, Infoplus will direct you to pick from that quantity rather than pick its components
- If this is not intended, perform an Inventory Adjustment on the kit header quantity to 0; this will cause pick work to be done on the kit components to then build the KOD
When picking, after scanning a cart and trying to scan an LPN, the app shows that the LPN is already in use
The cart is likely still within another LPN (temporary location) and needs to be released.
- Navigate to the “Cart Location” table
- Select the Cart Location(s) in question
- Use the “Actions” dropdown to “Release Cart Location”
- Attempt re-scanning the LPN within the pick work app
Alternatively, you can release the cart from within the Mobile Floor App.
- Under the “Orders” dropdown within the Mobile Floor App, select “Manage Carts”
- Enter or scan the Cart ID
- Click “Release Cart”
I need to be able to skip pick work for a ticket and then come back to pick it later
If you are using a Simple Wave fulfillment plan:
- Choose “Short Ticket” when prompted to pick
- You will be presented with the option to “Close” the ticket or leave it open; if you wish to return to it, leave the ticket open
- Continue with pick work, and come back to the ticket later
- If you chose to close the ticket, you will need to initiate an Alternate Pick Process/No Stock Recovery for the fulfillment process from the desktop app
If you are using a Pick to Cart fulfillment plan, your only option is to short the ticket and close it; the ticket cannot be left open with Pick to Cart.
Note: that if you are using Pick Lists in your fulfillment processes, “Work ID” barcodes are provided and can be scanned from the “Fulfillment Pick” option within the Mobile Apps, under “Find Work,” which allows you to choose which pick work/items are picked first.
I need to use Inner Pack/Case/Pallet barcodes to scan items for my Pick Scan Scheme, but I do not see those as an option
These barcodes are not defaulted selections, but can be set up by performing the following:
- Create a Custom Field for Items
- In the Item’s record, set this Custom Field value to equal the barcode value of the Inner Pack/Case/Pallet
- Navigate to your Pick Scan Scheme, select “Add” next to Additional Item Barcode Fields, and add your Custom Field you created
You will then be able to scan these barcode values when picking.