“Metrics are an important part of every successful business.” We couldn’t agree more with this claim. Metrics help take the emotion and subjectivity out of running a business, and can often reveal things that are hard to see from one individual’s point of view, especially when it comes to fulfillment.
That claim comes from a recent piece by Maria Haggerty, CEO of Dotcom Distribution, in the Multi Channel Merchant blog. In the article, she recommends five key metrics to follow for eCommerce fulfillment success:
- Units Per Hour in each facility to keep a tab on productivity,
- Units Per Order, to get a handle on volume,
- Lines Per Order to track the maximum efficiency you can expect,
- Revenue Per Employee to determine labor efficiency,
- Transportation Cost Per Package, to get the most efficiency in shipping possible.
We highly recommend giving her article a read.