An Aisle provides a layer of categorization or identification of a warehouse location (i.e., Aisle 1, 2, 3, etc.). You can create bays and levels within aisles. Aisles, bays and/or levels can then be inserted into Location Address Schemes to build location labels.
For a demonstration of creating aisles, see Video: Create Aisles
Create an Aisle:
- Access the “Aisle” table. Two methods:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Warehouse Setup” App, then click the “Aisle” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Aisle” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the Create New button in the top right.
- From the Warehouse drop-down menu, select the warehouse where this aisle is located.
- Enter an Address for the Aisle (i.e., 1). NOTE: Aisles do not have names, so an address is required to identify aisles. You will be able to use this code when naming locations in your warehouse later (i.e., a location label may be “B2 DF 1 10” indicating Building 2, Down Forward zone, Aisle 1, location #10).
- Click Save. The aisle is created.
NOTE: Once you create locations in this aisle, they will display in this aisle record.
Edit an Aisle:
- Access the “Aisle” table. See instructions above.
- Click on the aisle you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the bottom right.
- Make the necessary edits and click Save.