Location Billing Types are used to assign a cost for storage of an item and are a way to categorize what a warehouse charges per space used.
Location Billing Types can be used to assign a cost to storage of an item (i.e., to bill by square footage). Billing Types are typically used by third-party logistics providers. Billing Types do not impact the physical layout or dimensions of locations as used by warehouse personnel. They provide a categorization feature for billing purposes.
How to Create a Location Billing Type:
- Access the “Location Billing Type” table. Two methods:
- From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Warehouse Setup” App, then click the “Location Billing Type” Table.
- From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Location Billing Type” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the Create New button in the top right.
- Enter a Name for the location billing type (i.e., Shelf-S, Shelf-M, etc.).
- Click Save. The billing type is created.
NOTE: Once you create locations with this billing type, they will display in this billing type record.
Edit a Location Billing Type:
- Access the “Location Billing Type” table. See instructions above.
- Click on the billing type you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the bottom right.
- Make the necessary edits and click Save.