As an Infoplus user, you may encounter challenges with Smart Documents. This guide will walk through step-by-step Smart Document troubleshooting.
With Smart Document Templates, you can create custom PDFs using data from your records in Infoplus. For example, create documents to customize your warehouse workflows, or invoices for sending to your 3PL customers, or inserts to add to your outbound orders. Any value in a field in Infoplus can be used. You can also customize the data using Scripts, for even more custom control. However, there is the occasional issue that comes up when working with Smart Documents, and this article can help you to troubleshoot and get past some of the most common troubles.
Note: Interested in setting up a Smart Document, or can't remember how to set up a Smart Document Template. Check out How to Create and Use Smart Document Templates
How to Use This Guide
Below, you will find multiple different scenarios that could potentially cause issues with Smart Documents in Infoplus. You can use the table of contents below to quickly navigate to the exact question you are interested in. Each issue has multiple troubleshooting steps to help you independently get to the bottom of the issue you are experiencing and solve it so you can move forward with your operations.
Table of Contents
- The Smart Document is not including data from the API connection
- There is missing data from the Smart Document that is in an Infoplus Table
- Not sure what's missing from the Smart Document Script
The Smart Document is not including data from the API connection
- Check the API Version that the Smart Document is running off of. We always recommend utilizing the Beta version of our API.
- Check the API Version the Script associated with the Smart Document is running to ensure it is also running on Beta.
There is missing data from the Smart Document that is in an Infoplus Table
- Check the Record Type and Record Subtype of the Smart Document to ensure it is pulling the intended values. For example, if you are wanting to display data from the Order table, ensure that Order is selected as the Record Type.
Not sure what's missing from the Smart Document Script
- Check the Script Type of the Script associated with the Smart Document to ensure it is set to “Smart Document.” The script must be set to this type in order to customize the Smart Document.
Check the Script Log table and filter by the Script that is associated with the Smart Document. If there are error messages present, they can reveal specific information about what caused the script to fail, and the script can be corrected based on this information.