Two new actions have been added to the Infoplus API for working with files attached to records in Infoplus.
Listing record files through the API
You can now list the files associated with a record in Infoplus through the Infoplus API. The results of this API call will include both files that users attached to records, as well as system-generated files, such as Parcel Labels and Packing Slips.
Here's a sample of an API call, listing 2 files attached to an order: The Parcel Label generated by Infoplus, and a receipt uploaded by the customer as a User File:
Attaching files by URL through the API
The Infoplus API has also been updated, so that you can now attach a file to a record by supplying a URL to the file, rather than uploading the file contents. This alternative approach to attaching files can be easier to use than the existing upload API call. It can also be combined with the file listing call described above, to create an easy way to copy files from one record to another.
These new functions can also be accessed via Infoplus Scripts, with two new functions on the infoplusApi object.
Knowledge Base Updates
- A new article called Average Daily Usage describes some of the method that Infoplus uses to compute the Average Daily Usage and related values on your Items.
- The new Setup International Shipping article gives some tips for getting up and working with international shipments from Infoplus.
- How to work with files in the Infoplus API has been updated with references to the new list and upload by URL features.
- A new how-to article has been published about Using a Script & Trigger to Add Parcel Accessories to Orders
Full Change Log
- OB-1596 - Add ability to list files and upload by URL in Infoplus API
- IPDESK-3177 - Fixed consideration of international shipments when both 'from' and 'to' are outside the US
- IPDESK-3176 - Improved error messages around bad values in parcel invoice uploads in 3PL Billing
- IPDESK-3175 - Added Vendor SKU field to Inventory Detail table
- IPDESK-3168 - Updated to accept non-carrier-specific values when adding parcel accessories to orders through Infoplus API
- IPDESK-3155 - Stopped generating alerts from shopping cart connections for Shopify orders with no line items marked for fulfillment by Infoplus
- IPDESK-3142 - Corrected calculation of Orderable Quantity for items setup as substitutions to kits (when the kit has on-hand inventory)