Create zones in your warehouse to help optimize your warehouse layout and picking paths for fulfillment.
Creating Zones in your warehouse allows you to influence material handling and create labor optimizations. Using zones, you can guide Infoplus to the most efficient way to travel throughout your warehouse. For example, you can specify the type of equipment that can be used in a zone (i.e., fork lift) or the type of item that can be stored in a zone (i.e., frozen, secure). Zones can also be used to define areas of your warehouse for address labels. The zone address can be inserted into Location Address Schemes to build location labels.
For a demonstration of creating zones, see Video: Create Zones
How to Create a Zone:
- Access the “Zone” table. Two methods:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Warehouse Setup” App, then click the “Zone” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Zone” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the Create New button in the top right.
- From the Warehouse drop-down menu, select the warehouse where this zone is located.
- Enter a Name for the zone (i.e., Down Forward - South).
- Enter an Address, if desired (i.e., DF).
NOTE: This is simply a code used to reference the zone. For example, you may want to assign DF for the Down Forward zone. You will be able to use this code when naming locations in your warehouse later (i.e., a location label may be “B2 DF 1 10” indicating Building 2, Down Forward zone, Aisle 1, location #10).
- If any of the other fields pertain to your zone (i.e., climate-controlled, food-grade, secure, frozen, refrigerated), select True from the drop-down menu. Selecting any of these options impacts where items can be stored and located. For example, if an item is marked as secure, it can only be put away in a location marked as secure. NOTE: Leaving the field blank is the equivalent of selecting False in the field.
- Click Save. The zone is created.
NOTE: Once you create locations in this zone, they will display in this zone record.
How to Edit a Zone:
- Access the “Zone” table. See instructions above.
- Click on the zone you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the bottom right.
- Make the necessary edits and click Save.
To perform a bulk load or bulk edit of zones, see the Bulk Load and Bulk Edit solution articles.