You need to set up a fulfillment process before you can run fulfillment. This is where you make all your customization to the fulfillment process.
Fulfilling an order consists of three phases: 1) Allocation, 2) Pick and Pack, and 3) Ship.
- In the Allocation phase, inventory in your warehouse is assigned to an order.
- In the Pick and Pack phase, pick work is created for warehouse personnel to go out into the warehouse and pick the items for the order; carton and packing slip decisions are made; parcel labels are generated.
- In the Ship phase, the order is shipped and the parcel shipment can be tracked in Infoplus.
You have complete flexibility and control over how you fulfill orders.
- Allocate, Pick, Pack, and Prepare the Order to Ship with the "Run Fulfillment" process:
- With the Run Fulfillment process, you choose allocation, and pick, pack, and ship options in one screen.
- Then simply Ship the Order using the "Shipping Station" Mobile Floor App or the "Ship Parcel Order" Desktop App.
NOTE: For further efficiency, create Fulfillment Plans to pre-define field selections on a filtered set of orders. And you can even schedule a Fulfillment Plan to run automatically on specific days and times. See Create Scheduled Plans for more information.
- Or you can perform the steps in separate phases:
NOTE: If you use an external shipping system (e.g. ShipStation) to ship orders, see the Overview of External Shipping Systems
Troubleshooting Errors in Fulfillment Process
- Under the Allocation Details tab, click the orders drill down arrow next to the order number then under the Message column (SKU row) will state the issue with the order. Under this tab will also list information on Overridden Item Receipts if this feature is enabled.