When items are brought into your warehouse, they need to be received into the warehouse and into Infoplus. You can use the standard receiving process described below (receiving inventory against an Advanced Shipping Notification/PO); or use Quick Receipts (a two-step method to quickly receive product into the system).
While your business processes may differ, here is an overview of a typical receiving process in Infoplus.
- When items arrive to be received into the warehouse, create a Receiving Worksheet . This worksheet connects the Purchase Order to actual receipt of the items on the PO. In this worksheet, you indicate details about the items, such as quantity received and weight.
NOTE: Within the Receiving Worksheet, you can create Put Away Assignments for an item (i.e., if all received items don't fit on one pallet, create put away assignments assigning a quantity per pallet).
- (Optional) Complete a Vendor Compliance Survey to indicate how vendors are performing (i.e., Was a packing list included?). This is often used by third-party logistics providers.
- When all items and their quantities have been entered into the worksheet and validated, close the worksheet . This initiates the receiving process and work is created.
- Print the Put Away work tickets for items in your Receiving Worksheet.
- Once the items are put away, commit the item receipts . This indicates that the items are available for ordering.